Half a container of vegan vegetable stock
1/4 cup bulgar
1/4 cup mung beans
1 Roma tomato diced
1 tbsp of garlic salt
1 tbsp of celery seed
1 tbsp of peppercorns
3 pearl onions peeled and diced
1/2-1 cup water
1. Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours
2. Add water based on your preference for the thickness of the soup (the bulgar soaks up the stock).
3. Cook on high for an hour
4. Serve – if thicker consistency the soup is good with garlic crackers for dipping.
The color of the soup doesn’t come out looking very appetizing but it’s really delicious (if I say so myself)
Ingredients (I was hungry so I only made one serving of soup – for larger batches just increase your veggies)
- 1/4 chopped red pepper
- 1 portobello mushroom steak chopped
- about 5 stalks of asparagus chopped
- 1 tbsp of oil
- about 1 1/2 cup of Almond milk
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Saute veggies for about 5 minutes in the oil
- Add 1/2 cup of Almond milk, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes
- The milk should be almost absorbed by the veggies
- Transfer to blender and add the additional 1 cup of Almond Milk
- Puree veggies and milk until smooth – add in pepper and salt to taste at this time
♥ So I’ve never made soup with Oyster Mushrooms. But it came out delicious! At least in my opinion 🙂 I can’t wait to hear everyone’s thoughts so share if you make this. This recipe makes about 2 servings.♥
- 3 handfuls of green beans with ends cut off
- About 1/4 lbs of Oyster Mushrooms chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of Almond milk (I suggest original so the sweetness of the vanilla flavor doesn’t overpower the intended flavors)
- A dash of thyme
- A dash of basil
- Optional: I added a dash of Caribbean spices.
- Add all ingredients to pan
- Cover and cook on low to medium heat for 20 minutes (stir occasionally)
- Add ingredients to blender and blend until smooth (I use the NutraBullet).
- Depending on your preference for consistency you can add about 1/4 cup of water to thin out the soup consistency.
- This would be a good soup to serve with grilled “cheese”