1 cup of walnuts
1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
2 small pearl onions
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1 cup of peeled chopped potatoe
2 small carrots
2 – 3 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1. Soak walnuts overnight in water
2. Boil potatoes and carrots until soft enough to mash
3. Add cheese ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and the consistency of nacho cheese
4. Drain walnuts
5. Add meat ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth but crunchy
6. Put together your taco topped with chopped tomatoes and Kale (or toppings of your choosing)
So I’ve never really liked eggplant, which is naturally why I attempted to cook it. I keep cooking something until I find a way I like it, if possible.
About Eggplant – As well all know, or most of us, it is a purple glossy item. They are at their very best from August through October when they are in season.
Fun Fact: Eggplants belong to the nightshade family of vegetables, which also includes tomatoes, sweet peppers and potatoes.
Health Benefit: Eggplant also contains important phytonutrients, many which have antioxidant activity. Phytonutrients contained in eggplant include phenolic compounds, such caffeic and chlorogenic acid, and flavonoids, such as nasunin.
- Ener-G Egg Replacer
- Follow Egg Replacer directions (1 1/2 teaspoon of mixture + 2 tbsp of warm water) – I used two servings of this, as it equals two eggs
- Slice Eggplant longways
- Pour breading into bowl
- Dip eggplant into egg replacer
- Coat with breading
- Slice tomatoes and potatoes
- Place everything on a baking sheet/dish
- Drizzle olive oil on potatoes
- Season tomatoes and potatoes with salt, pepper, and dill
- Bake on 350 for 20 minutes – Turn eggplant and stir potatoes – Cook an additional 10 minutes