About Eggplant – As well all know, or most of us, it is a purple glossy item. They are at their very best from August through October when they are in season.
Fun Fact: Eggplants belong to the nightshade family of vegetables, which also includes tomatoes, sweet peppers and potatoes.
Health Benefit: Eggplant also contains important phytonutrients, many which have antioxidant activity. Phytonutrients contained in eggplant include phenolic compounds, such caffeic and chlorogenic acid, and flavonoids, such as nasunin.
- Ener-G Egg Replacer
- Follow Egg Replacer directions (1 1/2 teaspoon of mixture + 2 tbsp of warm water) – I used two servings of this, as it equals two eggs
- Slice Eggplant longways
- Pour breading into bowl
- Dip eggplant into egg replacer
- Coat with breading
- Slice tomatoes and potatoes
- Place everything on a baking sheet/dish
- Drizzle olive oil on potatoes
- Season tomatoes and potatoes with salt, pepper, and dill
- Bake on 350 for 20 minutes – Turn eggplant and stir potatoes – Cook an additional 10 minutes