And I’m back in the kitchen! So I’ve been thinking a lot about soups lately, probably because the weather is getting cooler and it’s a comfort food. So I whipped up this bisque with a few simple ingredients.
- Cauliflower ( I used orange) – about a 1/4 of the head chopped
- Kale – 2 leaves chopped
- Cheese of choice (I used Daiya Cheddar) – 3 handfuls
- Garlic – 1 generous spoonful
- White onions – 1/4 onion chopped
- Almond Milk – about 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- In a sauce pan combine salt, pepper, milk and cheese on low heat stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes
- In a saute pan, add olive oil, cauliflower, kale, garlic, and onions on medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add 1/2 cup of cheese mixture to vegetables and cook covered for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture and cheese sauce to blender (I used the big cup of the Nutrabullet), blend until creamy and smooth.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese
- Cauliflower Ginger Soup (lmiller88.wordpress.com)
- Creamy Cauliflower Parmesan Soup (merchteamcuisine.wordpress.com)
- Cauliflower & Old Cheddar Cheese Creamy Soup (davelaberge.me)