Well when there’s a BBQ, it’s hard for vegans to find some good options. Here’s a recipe that you can take and others will love it too (they won’t even know it’s VEGAN!!!!).
- Elbow Macaroni
- Vegan Mayonnaise (I used Earth Balance) – about 3 spoonfuls
- about 3 dill pickles chopped
- half a can of black olive chopped
- 2 stalks of green onions chopped
- 3 Tbsp of cane sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 to 4 tbsp of dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: Most people like carrots and celery in their macaroni salad, I prefer mine without. But I’m sure those additions would taste just delicious added in.
- Empty about half a box of elbow macaroni into boiling water
- While the pasta is cooking, mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. This mixture comes out on the tangy side, so if you like it a little sweeter add in more sugar and keep experimenting until it’s to your liking.
- Drain pasta and let cool
- Once cool, mix pasta in the mayo mixture. Make sure it’s the right consistency for you. The amount I have is on the lightly covered, so if you like your salad heavier on the sauce mix in some more mayonnaise.
- Chill overnight and then serve up to unsuspecting carnivores.